Date Posted: June 6, 2018
Reporting to our VP, Legal, the ideal candidate should possess strong drafting skills, sound judgment, and a pragmatic, effective and creative approach to the in-house legal role. He or She will have substantial experience in natural resource law, with an ability to address a broad range of issues and prepare a variety of agreements, including but not limited to, those relating to following:
- Natural resource projects in British Columbia
- Working closely with regulatory authorities and permitting processes
- Environmental and regulatory compliance
- Crown tenures (land and water lots)
- Tariffs & Trade issues
The candidate will also be assisting human resources and office administration on various in-house legal matters including, but not limited to, employment matters, investigations, policies and office leases.
Experience with a development project is considered an asset. The candidate should be nimble, willing to work outside their comfort zone and creative in finding solutions to new legal and regulatory challenges. As part of a small project team, the candidate can expect to be called upon to provide legal and regulatory support across a range of issues.
The candidate should possess the ability to work closely with other professionals within the organization across a range of backgrounds including engineering, accounting, human resources, communications and regulatory. The candidate will be called upon regularly to quickly absorb and interpret complex issues for these same internal audiences.
- At least 10 years’ experience in commercial and natural resource related law in British Columbia, and 3 years’ experience supporting human resources and office administration
- Law degree and current membership in the British Columbia provincial law society
- Excellent communication, drafting, organizational and planning skills
- Experience dealing with federal and provincial regulators, First Nations, development of large scale natural resource projects and project insurances in British Columbia is advantageous
- Experience in providing legal support in the oil & gas, mining, energy or forestry sectors for major projects is highly preferred
- High degree of professionalism
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively both independently and with a team
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple assignments, meeting deadlines and budgets, while ensuring high quality work
- Ability and experience with a range of software applications such as MS Office
Please email your resume and expected remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org – with subject header Legal Counsel.
Thank you in advance for your interest! Please note only qualified candidates with work authorization in Canada will be contacted.
About the Company:
At Woodfibre LNG, we are always on the lookout for talent who is as passionate as us in what we do!
We are establishing a new business venture within the Canadian natural gas and LNG export industry. With offices in Vancouver and Squamish, we are currently focusing on the development of a small-scale liquefied natural gas (LNG) processing and export facility, located approximately seven kilometres southwest of Squamish, British Columbia – The Woodfibre LNG Project. It is currently anticipated that the Project could export approximately two million tonnes of LNG per year, which is about one-tenth of the anticipated volume of some of the large LNG projects proposed for northern B.C. More details of the project can be found at www.woodfibrelng.ca
Woodfibre LNG Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.