Senior Communications Specialist
Date Posted: July 6, 2018
The Senior Communications Specialist plays a key role in the creation and implementation of a broad range of communications materials and tactics for Woodfibre LNG – a high profile liquefied natural gas (LNG) project, located in the District of Squamish in British Columbia’s Howe Sound. This role is part of our Corporate Affairs team.
The successful candidate will work to promote, protect and enhance the reputation of Woodfibre LNG Limited through media relations, issues management and public affairs activities.
- Works with Corporate Affairs team to develop innovative communications programs to engage the community and other stakeholders.
- Collaborates with departments and stakeholders to develop communications plans and activities.
- Attends progress meetings, identifies customer messaging opportunities, anticipates communication needs and then develops the media to use, well in advance of deployment.
- Tracks stakeholder comments and concerns and integrates the feedback into the project’s communication strategy
- Assists with issues management, and identifies, monitors and executes response strategies.
- Assists with community engagement and stakeholder relations plans and activities i.e., community events.
- Produces print, digital and video materials for external audiences including online communications channels i.e., Woodfibrelng.ca, askwoodfibrelng.ca, Facebook page and LinkedIn account.
- A minimum of five years of experience in corporate communications.
- Degree in Communications or related field or combination of diploma in Journalism or Public Relations and experience in public relations and/or customer service.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Ability to absorb technical information and present it in non-complex, easily understood written and graphic formats.
- Experience managing media and crisis communications while working closely with senior executives and stakeholders.
- Proven experience managing corporate social media channels.
- Strong organizational skills and keen sense of priorities.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet very tight deadlines in an environment with conflicting priorities.
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills.
- A valid BC driver’s license – this role will be based in our Vancouver office but will involve travel to and from Squamish, BC.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org – with subject header Senior Communications Specialist.
Thank you in advance for your interest! Please note only qualified candidates with work authorization in Canada will be contacted.
Woodfibre LNG Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.