Woodfibre LNG is committed to ensuring that individuals and businesses from Squamish and surrounding communities are aware of potential job and business opportunities. It is our intention to fill positions and contracts locally where possible.
Current open positions are listed below.
For additional information or questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
External Relations Specialist
Date Posted: May 8, 2018
Our External Relations Specialist primarily supports our VP, Corporate Affairs in matters pertaining to First Nations & Government Relations. This role is currently a maternity leave replacement on a 1 year basis.
The successful applicant will support Woodfibre LNG’s interests and obligations through facilitating development and maintenance of productive working relationships with First Nations who have demonstrated interest in the Woodfibre LNG project. This position provides advice and assistance, such as are required, to promote Woodfibre LNG and in ways intended to secure and safeguard the aims, aspirations and rights of all parties including conducting consultation, negotiation and implementation processes to foster project specific agreements between First Nations and the company.
- Support on Squamish Nations
- Ensure we fulfill the conditions of SNEA and IBA
- Interface with EPC contractor to ensure contractor is fulfilling our conditions
- Maintain relationship with FNs leadership and employees
- Provide materials as they arise
- Manage participation in working group with Squamish Nations
- Jobs & contracting including database
- Interface with Government and its agencies on First Nations
- Interface with Hydro & Fortis as part of their FN consultation
- Interface and work with other First Nations as directed
- Maintain consultation and meeting logs
- Maintain meeting calendars and track action items
- Ensures management is kept current with pending and/or evolving issues affecting First Nations including, but not limited to, court rulings, government policy, agreements reached by other parties
- Possible direction and managing of third party consultants
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline
- 5 years in external relations including experience working with Indigenous communities, organizations and/or governments
- Past experience within government would be considered an asset
- Some exposure in corporate communications
- Valid driver’s license
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and interest in Indigenous issues in BC and Canada, including Indigenous governance and community development;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples, the Truth and Reconciliation Commission Calls to Action;
- Strong written ability; specifically, a succinct and professional writing style;
- Experience facilitating small to medium sized meetings, or an interest in developing those skills
- High degree of professionalism in representing the organization at meetings with government officials, affiliated organizations, and the public
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and with a team
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple assignments, meeting deadlines and budgets, while ensuring high quality work; and
- Ability and experience with a range of software applications such as MS Office, particularly an intermediate working knowledge of Excel
- May have to travel within Canada. Regular travel to Squamish and other points in the Lower Mainland
Please email your resume and expected remuneration to email@example.com – with subject header External Relations Specialist.
Thank you in advance for your interest! Please note only qualified candidates with work authorization in Canada will be contacted.
About the Company:
At Woodfibre LNG, we are always on the lookout for talent who is as passionate as us in what we do!
We are establishing a new business venture within the Canadian natural gas and LNG export industry. With offices in Vancouver and Squamish, we are currently focusing on the development of a small-scale liquefied natural gas (LNG) processing and export facility, located approximately seven kilometres southwest of Squamish, British Columbia – The Woodfibre LNG Project. It is currently anticipated that the Project could export approximately two million tonnes of LNG per year, which is about one-tenth of the anticipated volume of some of the large LNG projects proposed for northern B.C. More details of the project can be found at http://www.woodfibrelngproject.ca
Woodfibre LNG Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.