Woodfibre LNG’s eight ways of giving
December 19, 2017
$23,500 in grants awarded to community groups
SQUAMISH, BC – In the spirit of the season, Woodfibre LNG Limited would like to recognize the eight Fall/Winter 2017 recipients of the Woodfibre LNG Community Sponsorship Program.
The eight worthy recipients are:
835 Griffin Squadron (Royal Canadian Air Cadets): $2,000 grant
- To help pay for new tents for the Squamish Air Cadet’s wilderness exercises.
Aligned Collective: $5,000 grant
- To help cover start-up costs for the not-for-profit workspace/education centre in Squamish.
Britannia Mine Museum: $2,500 grant
- In support of the Britannia Mine Museum’s school programs that offer unforgettable ‘hands on’ learning experiences for students of all ages on the history of Britannia and social and mining history.
Howe Sound Marine Rescue Society – RCM SAR Station 4 Squamish: $4,000 grant
- To purchase a critical piece of search and rescue equipment: an Automatic Identification System (AIS) data marker buoy. An AIS data marker buoy is used to monitor drift and guide search patterns during search and rescue operations.
Howe Sound Secondary School Robotics Program: $2,500 grant
- To help pay for the equipment and parts Howe Sound Secondary students need to build their robots e.g., motors, gears and chains.
Squamish Minor Hockey Association: $2,500 grant
- To help offset the cost of renting ice time for the Squamish Minor Hockey Association, which is responsible for all minor hockey activities in Squamish.
Squamish Skating Club: $2,500 grant
- To help offset the cost of renting ice time for the Squamish Skating Club, which has been teaching skating to the Squamish community for more than 40 years.
Team Squamish – Mountain Bike Team: $2,500 grant
- To help pay for youth athlete development for this high performance mountain bike team, which is based in Squamish.
“What a great way to wrap-up what has been a very busy 2017 for the Woodfibre LNG Project,” said Byng Giraud, Country Manager & Vice President, Corporate Affairs, Woodfibre LNG Limited, “by providing financial support to these eight locally-based groups and programs.”
“We’ve dubbed it our eight ways of giving, but of course from the Project’s inception we have been committed to giving back to the local community,” said Giraud.
The Community Sponsorship Program is just one part of Woodfibre LNG Limited’s commitment to give back to the local community. Since 2013, Woodfibre LNG has contributed approximately $700,000 (including through the Community Sponsorship Program grants) to groups and events that help make Squamish such a vibrant community.
Wishing everyone a happy and safe holiday season!
About Woodfibre LNG
The Woodfibre LNG Project is owned and operated by Woodfibre LNG Limited, a privately held Canadian company based in Vancouver, British Columbia. Woodfibre LNG Limited is the owner of the former Woodfibre pulp mill site, which is located about seven kilometres southwest of downtown Squamish, BC, with a Community Office in Squamish.
Woodfibre LNG Limited strives to achieve business objectives through a quintuple bottom line approach, where results are mutually beneficial to the community, country, climate, customer and company.
We are a subsidiary of Pacific Oil & Gas Limited, which is part of the Singapore-based RGE group of companies. RGE, also known as Royal Golden Eagle, manages a group of resource-based manufacturing companies with global operations. The RGE group of companies’ work ranges from the upstream, comprising sustainable resource development and harvesting, to downstream, where the companies create diverse value-added products for the global market. Assets held by the RGE group of companies exceed US$18 billion with a combined workforce of more than 60,000 people worldwide.
Woodfibre LNG Media Line: 1.778.836.0499